We are seeking a fun, positive, and self-motivated part-time Business Office Manager to assist us with providing excellent design services for our clients.
- Be liaison between partners and accounting team; process and assemble all vendor invoices and other accounting/tax documents required for accounting team
- Manage timesheet collection and run excel reports as requested by partners
- Support partners with invoicing process
- Maintain employee files for onboarding and terminations
- Complete benefits administration; track and organize all benefit related documents
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance
- Maintain changes to employee handbook
- Provide front desk support and call management
- Assist with managing general office and project files, digital and hard copies
- Assist partners and team members with calendar management and meeting preparations
- Assist partners and team members with note taking and action plan development
- Coordinate with IT vendor to assist staff with troubleshooting issues
- Assist with organizing company culture and volunteer engagements
- Manage office supply inventory
- Process office mail
- Encourage positive team communication and culture
- Timely delivery of assigned tasks
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Three years’ experience in similar role
- Knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Proficiency in QuickBooks Online, Microsoft Word, and Excel
- Strong organizational skills with ability to pay attention to details
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, taking ownership of assigned projects and tasks
- Have a positive attitude and act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Effectively communicate, both verbally and in written form, with clients, consultants, firm principals, and design team members
- Effectively manage time and set priorities
- Quick learner with ability to easily navigate priority changes and deadlines
- Resourceful problem solver who can present solutions when faced with challenges
- Experience working within an architecture firm or related field
Baker Associates is a solutions-based third-generation architecture and interior design firm that was founded in 1959. Our story began with iconic Minneapolis office buildings such as the IDS Center and TCF Bank Tower. Today we have a long history in car dealership and theater design, and now are shifting our focus to expand into new stable future markets to augment our already strong base business. We pride ourselves in providing personalized experiences for our clients and diving into the technical aspects of design.
The successful candidate can thrive in a fast-paced collaborative environment and be a self-starter with strong abilities to multi-task and prioritize work.
For consideration, please submit your resume to Kristy Dahlvang.